If you are a homeowner selling on your own then there are a few things that you should consider.
- When you list with a broker you don’t have to field all the calls and try to decypher who is really financially qualified and who is not. In the current market this is more important than ever.
- Your broker can conduct all the open houses and private showings so you don’t have to.
- Your broker can provide all the forms that are required to do things right and to do things legal.
- Most likely your property won’t nearly get the exposure you deserve with a FSBO sign on the lawn and an ad in the local paper. Vestport Inc. not only subscribes to the MLSPIN listing service but we proactively email other brokers who have clients with criteria that matches your listings! Our MLS listings also propagages to most of the other big real estate sites in the area like Zillow, Trulia and the like.
- Real estate professionals do this every day for a living and know what works and what does not.
- Many times home owners will inadvertently compromise their position in conversations with potential customers looking at their home. Working with a qualified broker like Vestport Inc. helps to keep your position safe.
- If you don’t have all the right paperwork in hand up front and sign things at the right time it could come back to haunt you far after the sale. There is a proper and legal order to execute specific documents. Each property is unique and there is not a cookie cutter way that works for every transaction.
- A real estate agent will probably sell your property for a much higher price than you would net on your own even after paying the brokers fees! That’s a fact!